An instruction to either not do an action, or to stop an action taking place.
- Background colour is white.
- Circular band and crossbar is red.
- The symbol is black and is placed centrally on the background and should not obliterate the crossbar.
- The safety colour red shall cover at least 35% of the area of the safety sign.
- Border is white.
Supplementary Text Box:
- Background colour is red.
- Text colour is white.
Symbol Shape and Colour:
Examples of Prohibition Safety Signage Symbols:
Symbols with Supplementary Text Box:
Supplementary safety information, as text and/or in the form of a graphical symbol may be used to describe, supplement or clarify the meaning of a safety sign. The supplementary safety information shall be placed in a separate supplementary sign or included as part of a combination sign or a multiple sign.
If you are in need of some prohibited signage, or would just like to discuss this further with one of our signage experts, please feel free to select one of our members websites.